Tuesday 8 August 2017

Top Ten | Popular Books I Haven't Read Yet


Recently, I've been seeing a lot of people, particularly booktubers, talking about popular books they have yet to read. Having only really been back into reading for a few years, there are a lot of popular books, mainly older ones, that I just haven't gotten around to yet. A lot of these are books I need to motivation to pick up so if you love them, please tell me!

1. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
This is one of the first books I ever added to my Goodreads TBR back in 2013 but I still haven't picked it up. With the popularity of the Netflix adaptation, I am definitely wanting to pick this one up. I did receive a copy from Netgalley recently so hopefully I can get around to it some time this year and then finally see if the show is worth the hype it's getting.

2. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han
This is another one that has been on my Goodreads TBR for years, and even on my bookshelves for years. My excuse for this one is I wanted to read the Summer I Turned Pretty series first, but considering how long I've had those books on my shelves as well, it really isn't much of an excuse. With the movie adaptation coming soon, this is another one I need to get to.

3. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I tried to read this one, I really did. I picked this up around the time the first movie came out and just couldn't get into it. I know I need to give it another go as this series is the absolutely favourite of one of my friends and she may kill me if I don't at least try one more time. I'm not sure if these books are for me but I will try once more.

4. The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
I almost never read classics so I could fill this list with all the popular classics I haven't read. This one seems to be one of the most popular and most talked about classics in the blogging/booktube community, though, and not one I have read. I do own this and plan to read it very soon but I never have the motivation to pick it up.

5. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
Sophie Kinsella has loads of really popular books but I have only read one of hers, Confessions Of A Shopaholic, which I didn't really enjoy. I do want to try out one of her standalone novels and this seems to be a favourite of a lot of people.

6. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson
This is another one that I picked up but just didn't click with. I wasn't feeling the writing style so I put it down to try again another time. I want to read this one this year as it counts for one of my Around The Year In 52 Books challenges but I'm not sure this will be for me. So many people love it, I just need to try again.

7. Illuminae by Aimee Kauffman and Jay Kristoff
This is a more recent release but I feel like one of the only people left on the planet who hasn't read it. Everyone has been raving about it since even before it was published and the buzz just hasn't died down. I'm so intrigued by this book, I know I'll at least add it to my ever growing bookshelves soon.

8. The Host by Stephenie Meyer
After the phenomenon that was Twilight, everyone and their mother wanted to see what Stephenie Meyer would do next. I know there were a lot of mixed feelings about The Host but everyone gave it a go just because of the author. I was one of those people, I was so excited and bought the book as soon as I could. However, I was so intimidated by the size that I never read it and still haven't to this day. I've been told I should but I'm not sure about this one.

9. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Another older popular YA series but this one I'm not sure I'll ever read. This was very popular when I was still into reading, back in the Twilight days, but I never picked it up before reading became 'uncool' again. I think I may have outgrown this series but I may decide to pick it up at some point.

10. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
This is a popular series that I actually had no intention of ever picking up. However, I then read Leigh Bardugo's story in Summer Days & Summer Nights just last month and fell in love with her writing. I was not expecting to like her story at all but it completely took me by surprise and now I want to read her novels. This one could be getting read quite soon.

There are more popular books I haven't read than I thought there were, I need to catch up with the popular ones I missed out on over the years. Are there any popular books you think everyone definitely needs to read? Which of the books mentioned do I need to read soon?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment