Sunday 12 April 2015

Wrap Up | March 2015

March wasn't the most memorable month for me, in fact it completely flew in. I didn't have the best reading month. I managed a total of 5 books, which I guess isn't too bad, however the books I read were not great.

My Life In March...
- I had a really great dinner out with friends I haven't seen in a while.
- I paid my first visit to A&E in a couple of years, breaking my 'no A&E' spell.
- I had a horrible time with uni work in March, with a whole lot of essays.
- My family and I had out first weekend away of 2015.
- I got to spend a weekend with my best friend, who I don't get to see that often.

Watched In March...
- Step Up All In - 4/5
- Before I Go To Sleep - 3.5/5
- Sunshine On Leith (rewatch) - 5/5
- The Pill - 2/5
- Girl Most Likely - 3/5
- A Long Way Down - 4.5/5
- Pretty Little Liars Season 5 (Part 2) - 4/5
- Ex On The Beach Season 2 - 3/5

Read In March...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Before We Met by Lucie Whitehouse -
I have had this book on my TBR list multiple times and never got around to reading it but I finally got to it in March. This is about a woman whose husband does not come home one night and his secrets begin to unravel. This was compared to Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl, which was what initially drew me in, but it definitely was not up to that standard. I enjoyed this book, but it was nothing special. 3/5

Startled By His Furry Shorts by Louise Rennison -
This is the seventh book in the Confessions Of Georgia Nicholson series, which I am making my way through by reading one book a month. Despite being a little underwhelmed with book 6 last month, this instalment was on par with the first 5 books. I find these to be fun, quick reads but a little immature for me. 3/5

The One by Kiera Cass -
Boy am I glad I reads this book this month. Amongst a month of not great to average books, I needed a really great one to cheer me up and this was it. I absolutely loved the previous books in the series and has high hopes for this one, despite seeing some not so great reviews, and I was not disappointed. I loved the third book in The Selection series just as much as I did the first two and I am so glad Kiera Cass decided to write a fourth. 5/5

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult -
This was probably my biggest disappointment of the month. I absolutely loved My Sister's Keeper, my first and only other book of hers I have read, and I was interested in the premise of this story, so I was excited to read it. It is about a school shooting, which is not something I have read about before so I found intriguing. Unfortunately, this was not at all what I had expected. I found it to be quite boring and did not enjoy it very much. 2/5

Playlist For The Dead by Michelle Falkoff -
As the first book I read as part of the Debut Author Challenge, I was really wanting to like this book. It is about a boy whose best friend commits suicide, leaving him a playlist of songs to help him understand why. I listened to this on audiobook and, to be completely honest, if I hadn't been listening to it I probably would not have finished it. I found it to be slightly boring and quite predictable. 2/5

Those are all of the things I have done, watched and read in the month of March. Have you read any of the books I did? What did you think?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment