Tuesday 23 June 2020

Re-Visiting My First Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday is 10! It's amazing to me that even after 10 years we still get such great topics every week! In celebration of Top Ten Tuesday's 10th birthday, this week we have been prompted to re-visit an old list and update it. I have been taking part in Top Ten Tuesday since 2014, so I thought it would be fun to go back to my very first Top Ten Tuesday post and re-do that one. However, that one was Halloween themed so we're going with my second, and telling a little white lie in title.

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

My first non-Halloween themed list was all about the books I wanted to re-read back in November of 2014. I thought it might be interesting to see which of those I have managed to get to in the 5 and a half years since, as well as sharing another few books I would like to re-read at some point soon.

1. Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins - I posted this list just before the first Mockingjay movie was released and I wanted to re-read it before watching the movie. I think I picked this up just a few days after making this list and did manage to re-read it before seeing the movie. I actually loved it so much more the second time.

2. A Walk To Remember by Nicholas Sparks - I have never re-read this and don't really have any intentions to. I loved this at the time, and I'm sure I would again, but I don't need to re-read it.

3. The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon - Another one I haven't re-read and don't intend to. Again, I loved this when I first read it but just have no desire to pick it up again. 

4. Of Mice And Men by John Steinbeck - I read this for school and didn't hate it so was interested to know if I would like it more when not being forced to read it. I have never picked it up again, so I still don't know. I may re-read this some day, but it's not top of my priority list.

5. Something Blue by Emily Giffin - I read this years ago and loved it, but I'm not sure I would love it now. I have never re-read it, but I did get the audiobook from my library recently. I didn't end up getting to it before my loan expired but I might give it a go some day.

6. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins - This is one of my favourite books and I had just read it for the first time when I posted this list. I have since re-read it, but I do want to pick it up again soon as it's been too long.

7. Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie) by Cecelia Ahern - If someone asks me what my favourite books is, I say this one. However, I haven't read it since 2014. I have been putting off re-reading it for over 5 years, purely because I'm scared I won't love it as much the second time around.

8. Unwind & Unwholly by Neal Shusterman - I was wanting to re-read the first two books in this series so I could continue on with the rest of the series. It took me a while, but I finally got around to re-reading these books at the beginning of this year. I didn't love the quite as much the second time, but I still enjoy this series.

9. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer - I have re-read Twilight multiple times, but never continued to the rest of the series. However, with the announcement of Midnight Sun recently, I have been re-reading the series. I have now re-read the first three books and, despite their obvious problematic elements, I do still really enjoy this series.

10. The Midwife's Here! by Linda Fairley - I don't remember this book at all. I don't know why I wanted to re-read it back then but I don't have any desire to now.

I guess 4 out of 10 (well, technically 5 out of 11) isn't too terrible. There's probably only one book on the list that I haven't re-read but still want to, so I think that needs to get a bit higher on the priority list. In terms of other books I want to reread:

1. The Selection series by Keira Cass (for the second time)

We'll see how long it takes me to get around to re-read those. Hopefully less than five years!

Do you re-read books a lot? What was the last book you re-read?

Sophie :)

Find out how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement here.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been participating for a long time! Good for you. :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also started taking part in Top Ten Tuesday since 2014. :) Great post! It's nice reflect on stuff you wrote in the past. Here's my TTT list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, I had a lot of fun looking back! I think I might do this again with other lists.

      Delete