Wednesday 10 June 2020

Ten Books I Added To My TBR But Can't Remember Why


I haven't participated in Top Ten Tuesday for a little while but the June topics are all so much fun that I just had to make time to take part. Of course, I'm doing it a day late again, but at least I'm consistent. This week's topic is books you have added to your TBR but forgotten why. This is something I do all the time! I'm forever looking at some of the books on my 'Want To Read' shelf and remembering absolutely nothing about them, so this seems like a fun way to remind myself of some of the books I was obviously interested in for some reason.

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

1. After The End by Amy Plum - I have never read a post-apocalyptic book, which is what this sounds like, so maybe I thought this would be one to try to see if I liked the genre? 

2. If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones - This is shelved on Goodreads as Erotica/BDSM. In 2014, when I added this to my Goodreads TBR, that is not something I would ever had read. Now though, I'm intrigued. 

3. For Darkness Shows The Stars by Diana Peterfreund - Let's be honest; this was probably added for the cover.

4. From Where I Watch You by Shannon Grogan - I have never heard of this book. Although, apparently I have and wanted to read it. It's a mystery/thriller about a girl who wants to be a baker, so it does actually sound like my kind of thing.

5. Lessons In Falling by Dianna Gallagher - I saw the word gymnastics in the synopsis and it immediately became clear why I added this to my TBR. As a former gymnast who hasn't read any books involving gymnastics, I'm intrigued by this one too.

6. Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen - Probably another cover-add. It does sound quite interesting from reading the synopsis.

7. Black Cairn Point by Claire McFall - I have no idea about this one. I don't remember ever adding it to my TBR and the synopsis doesn't even sound like something I would rush to pick up.

8. Lead Me Not by A. Meredith Walters - I'm guessing this was from my 'I want to see what New Adult is all about' phase, in which I added a load to my Goodreads TBR and never read any of them.

9. Cruel Heart Broken by Emma Haughton - I don't really know about this one either. It only has 30 ratings, so I don't even know how I heard about it. It sounds kind of interesting.

10. Shutter by Laurie Faria Stolarz - Another random YA mystery/thriller that I don't recognise at all. I must have been going through a phase.

I could easily do a second part to this, which I think suggests I need to stop adding every book I come across that sounds remotely interesting to my Goodreads TBR. I definitely need to get back to my Down The TBR Hole series that I started a couple of years ago, I need to finish clearing out my Goodreads shelves.

Have you read any of these books? Are any of them worth giving a go?

Sophie :) 

Please find out how you can help the Black Lives Matter movement here.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you like After the End. I haven't read it, but I used to enjoy the post-apocalyptic genre quite a bit. :)

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete