Wednesday 18 March 2020

Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR


It's a Top Ten Tuesday on a Wednesday kind of week! I had great plans to do this yesterday but, as with everyone else in the world, things are kind of crazy right now. Now that I finally have a day off work, it seems like the perfect time to forget about everything going on just now and focus on the books I am hoping to read in the coming months. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.

1. Love, Life and the List by Kasie West - I haven't read a Kasie West book in far too long. She is one of my favourite authors but I haven't been keeping up with her new releases for the past couple of years. I would ideally like to read everything she has ever written this year, but I'll start with this one as it has been sitting on my shelf for a while now. This follows a girl who is rejected by an art show and creates a list for herself in order to try and improve her art.

2. Goodbye Perfect by Sara Barnard - I have read everything Sara Barnard has ever written except this one. I have loved all of the others, so I fully expect to love this one. I'm also really in the mood to read about some amazing characters, which is, I feel, what Sara Barnard does best. This is about a girl who's best friend suddenly runs away with a boy she knew nothing about.

3. Dare To Fall by Estelle Maskame - Similarly, I have read everything else Estelle Maskame has written so really want to read this one as well. I was a little disappointed by her most recent release, The Wrong Side Of Kai, but I'm hoping I will enjoy this one more. This is a YA romance, which I think has a more serious note as it involves the death of parents and an alcoholic mother.

4. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - How many times can I put this on a TBR? I'm tired of explaining why I want to read this book, I just need to finally get around to it!

5. Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven - I read All The Bright Places last year and thought it was okay. I also own Holding Up The Universe and decided I would give it a go. I have the audiobook on hold from my library so when that comes in, hopefully in a few days, I will be picking this up. I don't know anything about this book, and I think I actually want to keep it that way.

6. A Good Girl's Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson - I have heard so many amazing things about this YA mystery/thriller so I'm very much hoping to get to it in the next few months. I haven't been reading a lot of thrillers recently, which is sad since I do really enjoy them. This one follows a girl who studies a murder that took place in her small town for a school project and begins to uncover secrets surrounding it.

7. Eve Of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher - This is a reread but I have an ARC of the second book in this series and definitely need a refresher of the first book before I can read that. This is a dystopian series taking place in a world in which Eve is the first female born in 50 years and has been kept away from the reality of the world. I can't remember much at all from the first book, so I'm looking forward to reading it again.

8. Anything Colleen Hoover - I read Verity by Colleen Hoover at the end of 2019 and as I am now getting much more in to Adult Romance, I definitely want to read more books from her. I own 3 of her works, but I think a lot of her books are available on Scribd. Any recommendations of where to start would be great.

9. More Christina Lauren - I read my first Christina Lauren book last month, which I didn't love, but have since read a second that was much more enjoyable. I am now currently reading my third Christina Lauren and I am sure I will continue reading more of their work in the next few months.

10. Some non-fiction - Another very vague one, and another one I could use some recommendations for. I've been reading more non-fiction recently and been enjoying a lot of it. I have been reading predominantly medical memoirs but would really like to read some non-fiction not related to my job. 

There we have my Spring TBR. I will not be at all surprised when I don't read any of these books in the next few months. As I mentioned, I could really do with some non-fiction recommendations and advice on where to start with Colleen Hoover, so please feel free to give me some recommendations.

Sophie :)

3 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about Clockwork Angel. Enjoy.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to picking up A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, too, and I've also heard wonderful things about it! Enjoy your reading!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a goal to read 12 non-fiction this year. I own three celebrity memoirs (Mindy Kaling, Ellie Kemper, and Leah Remini), and You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero. I love Colleen Hoover. I haven't read Verity yet, but I enjoyed her Slammed series and November 9, and I just saw that her Never Never series is available on Kindle Unlimited. Which Christina Lauren novels have you read? I liked Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating, and have Autoboyagraphy on my bookshelf. Hoping to read that this season!

    ReplyDelete