Thursday 19 December 2019

What I've Been Watching Recently Part 1

I haven't posted an update on the movies and TV shows I've been watching for the longest time, so I thought it was about time I did just that. I found that when my life was pretty crazy I reached for the remote rather than a book, so I have quite a lot to cover and will need to do this in two parts. This isn't in any kind of order because I can't remember all the way back to April!


Friends Seasons 5-7 - As I have said before, I have watched this show so many times but never every episode in order so I have been rewatching it in order slowly over the year. I have always and will always love this show! Season 5 onwards are my favourite seasons so I have really been loving watching them again. 


The Last Summer -  This is a Netflix movie that I decided to watch because it has KJ Apa in it, but I now can't remember anything else about it. I know it's a romantic comedy about four friends during the last summer before they go off to college. I liked it okay at the time but it is so forgettable that I forgot I even watched it. 


Glee Season 1 - I decided on a whim that I wanted to start rewatching Glee. I watched the first two seasons when it first aired and then gave up on it, so I wanted to give it another go. I am a huge musical theatre fan and am not averse to anything cheesy but Glee was just too much even for me. I forgot how cringey and just plain bad the first season of this show is. Honestly, I struggled to get through it. One of my friends absolutely loves the show and has convinced me it gets better, so I might try and keep going at some point.


Otherhood - This is another Netflix movie and another one I would say is pretty forgettable. It's about three mothers who decide to surprise their adult sons after they forget Mothers' Day. It is meant to be a comedy but I didn't really find it that entertaining at all. In fact, the only thing I really liked about it was Jack Lacy.


After - This was a total surprise. I wasn't going to watch it because I hadn't read the book and was considering doing so first, but in the end I just decided to watch it without reading the book first. I didn't know what to expect but I definitely didn't expect to love it as much as I did. This is, like I said, based on the book After by Anna Todd, and follows a 'good' girl who moves away to college and meets a 'bad' boy and of course she falls for him. It's nothing that hasn't been done before but I just thought it was so adorable and I was completely invested. 


Good Sam - This was another Netflix movie that I enjoyed slightly more than the others. It follows a reporter who is made to cover a story about people finding bags of money on their doorstep and she is trying to uncover who is doing it. This was a nice, sweet movie but it was quite predictable and is a storyline I have seen done better before. I would say it's a good feel-good movie but nothing super special.


The Good Place Season 3 - I was loving this and then stopped watching it for ages and I don't know why. I decided to finish off the third season in time for the fourth (which I still haven't started yet) and loved it just as much as the rest. If you don't already know, this is a series basically about the afterlife. It is absolutely hilarious and they have taken the show in so many weird and unexpected places, I can never tell what is coming next. I just think it's amazing and don't want it to have to end.


Someone Great - Yet another Netflix film, yet another disappointment. This is another romantic comedy following a girl who's long term boyfriend breaks up with her and her two best friends try to give her a good night to get her out of her depression that follows the breakup. I was expecting great things given the cast, but it fell flat for me. It was just like any other 'party' romcom and didn't do anything different of special. I didn't really enjoy it at all.


Falling Inn Love - So basically, I've been watching a lot of Netflix films this year. This was a sweet little romantic comedy about a girl who, after losing her job and boyfriend in the same week, wins an inn in New Zealand, which turns out to be needing a lot more work than first appeared. Obviously there is very nice to look at local who offers to help her with the work needing done and everyone knows where this is going. It was cute and had some pretty funny moments, but it was very predictable and I got a little bored.


Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past - I have no idea why I decided to watch this but it popped up on Netflix so I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately, this was just bad! It is about a 'womanizer' who is haunted by ghosts of former girlfriends during the lead up to his brother's wedding. I didn't find it funny, it was pretty boring and really feels like a waste of an hour and a bit.


Death In Paradise Season 7 - I somehow skipped a season and watched season 8 before 7, so I obviously had to go back and catch up. I love a murder mystery so this is the perfect show for me, plus is has some comedy mixed in to make it such a fun watch. Every episode is so clever, I am always being surprised and can never guess the ending. I will never get bored of this.

That was basically everything I have been watching on Netflix over the past few months. In part 2, I'll chat about the things I've been watching on all other platforms. Netflix seems to have been my go to recently.

Do you have any good Netflix recommendations for me?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment