Tuesday 29 September 2020

Six Books I Want To Read In October

I am terrible at sticking to a TBR. I used to post monthly TBRs and rarely ended up reading more than one of the books mentioned by the end of the month. I occasionally try and do seasonal TBR lists, but again never stick to them. So why do I appear to be sharing what looks suspiciously like an October TBR? Well, because one day I will actually be successful. I don't expect that day will be any time soon, but I'm going to share some of the books I'm hoping to get to in October anyway.

I tend to gravitate toward thrillers and fantasy or dystopian type books at this time of year, but I've been in the mood for a bit of everything recently. These are some of the books that sound the most interesting to me right now. Hopefully I will get to at least some of them in the coming month.


  


1. The Guest List by Lucy Foley - I've heard nothing but amazing things about this mystery/thriller and have been meaning to get to it for a few months now. It follows a wedding party and takes place on an island off the coast of Ireland, which sounds like the perfect creepy setting for this time of year.

2. Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas - I'm really in the mood for a more forbidden, taboo type romance read at the moment and I've heard so many good things about this one. It's an age gap romance between a girl and her boyfriend's dad.

3. No Exit by Taylor Adams - This is another thriller that I have heard some amazing things about, and one that sounds super creepy. It takes place in a middle of nowhere rest stop during a blizzard and there's a girl locked in a cage in the back of a van.

4. Praying For Rain by BB Easton - Romance and the apocalypse, sounds like the perfect combination to me. Again, I've heard really great things about this and it seems like more of a darker romance, what with the world going to end and everything, so it could be good for this time of year.

5. A Good Girl's Guide To Murder by Holly Jackson - I've been wanting to read this since it got a lot of hype at YALC when I was there a couple of years ago, but haven't picked it up yet. It's a YA thriller, that's been getting a lot of praise recently, about a girl doing a school project on a murder in her town and uncovers some secrets.

6. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Let's play 'how many times can I put this in a TBR before I actually read it?' I've started rereading The Mortal Instruments again so maybe I'll eventually get to this book, but then again maybe I won't. 

Those are the six books I am most interested in reading in the next month. I am a mood reader so I may no longer be in the mood for any of these books in a few days time, but who knows. I'm hopeful I can at least get to a few of these as they are all books I have been wanting to get to for a while.

Which of these should I pick up first?

Sophie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment