Tuesday 11 September 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Top Five Hidden Gems


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke And The Bookish, now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Lists galore, I can think of nothing better!

This week's theme is Hidden Gems. These can be books that you feel didn't get enough buzz when they were first published, or books that seem to have been forgotten about over the years. I have compiled a list of the top ten five books that I loved but haven't heard anyone talk about.

When I read this at the beginning of this year, I had no idea what to expect as I had not heard a single person talk about it. I had heard some hype surrounding Amanda Maciel's previous book, Tease, but not her most recent release. I ended up really loving this complex and intense story about sexual assault and victim blaming.

This series has been talked about a little bit, and quite a lot recently on this blog, but nowhere near enough in my opinion. This is one of my favourite YA contemporary series following a girl who finds herself developing feelings for the bad boy stepbrother she has just met. I definitely think more people need to read and talk about this series.

I seem to remember a little bit of buzz around this book when it was first published in 2015, which I think is why I picked it up in the first place. However, since then I haven't heard a single person talk about it. I finally got around to reading this a few months ago and really enjoyed it. It is about a boarding school for teens with an illness they are trying to find a cure for. It is both a fun boarding school/camp style story and a heartbreaking love story.

This is an older book, which is likely why I have never seen it mentioned. It was published in 2012 but it is one I would strongly recommend picking up. A girl in a small town is caught kissing someone who isn't her boyfriend, a town hero who is serving in Afghanistan, but to clear her name she would need to reveal a secret she promised never to share. It is a heartbreaking story but definitely worth the read.

It's been a while since I have mentioned this series on my blog. This is a Christian Fiction series, which is pretty light on the Christian and more focused on some crazy characters. I absolutely love this series but never hear it talked about, most likely due to it being classed as Christian Fiction. That is definitely an important part of the books but this series has so much more to it and I would love more people to give it a chance.

If you have read any of my picks, please let me know as I would love to chat about them! 

Sophie :)

1 comment:

  1. Isn’t it weird that some books get all the hype while others go completely under the radar? I haven’t read any of these, but I’m glad you liked them!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete